Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New shoes!


My old Brooks have seen better days so off I went to spend a bit of $ on shoes! My old shoes have fit so well and have never given me any trouble so I have been a bit sad to give them up. I mean, if it isn't broke, don't fix it! But that is not what the experts say - they say get new ones after a lot of road use. I would say 2 years of road use kind of fits there definition of over use!

Went to a great place called Fleet Feet that took a lot of one-on-one time to get me properly fit in a good shoe. It was a little intimidating at first but the employee's were so kind who made me feel more at ease. They offered some ideas for shoes and out they came. I was able to put them on and test them on a treadmill that had a camera set up behind it. They taped me and my running gate and showed how the shoe supported my foot. That is scary but really cool if you get over the embarrassment factor! LOL!

They also gave me inserts for my feet to correct my right foot. It seems to want to bend to the right and the inserts help out my foot alignment or something. It will take me a week or two for my muscles to compensate for the inserts so we shall see!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Oooo, don't you LOVE new shoes! I DO! I wore Brooks for a long time. Then after the babies, my feet changed. ARGh. Now I'm in my Mizunos and they are good to me. But I love getting new shoes. Good thing...running a lot means lots of new shoes. :)