Sunday, September 14, 2008

Flexability...

Give me a training plan and I am good to go. My personality is one where you just tell me what to do, and I will do it! I read all of the books, listen to all of the guru's and follow the directions. Should be easy right?


Wrong... Well, maaaayyyybeee, I wasn't following all of the directions! The other day I was supposed to do 2 easy miles. So the last mile I wanted to time myself and I pushed it. I mean really hard! What did I get for that? A shin splint that hurt like the dickens.


I spent the next day and a half worrying if I had a stress fracture, if I would be able to run again, and how much will this set me back in my plan. Grrrrrr... I have paid good money for these races and I didn't want to loose it all!

So I popped some Vit. I, iced my leg and took it easy. Today was my 4 mile run and after talking with a runner friend who has many miles under his belt, he said to just take it easy on the treadmill. Ok, I said but deep down was disappointed as it "feels" different than the road. I don't want to get lazy now! His idea? Set the incline to 3. Ahhhh haaaaa!

Well, I no longer think that the treadmill is the lazy man's running game. It kicked my butt and I am thankful for it! Leg is good and I am happy again! Plus, it was nice to run in AC for a change... Ya know, I am acclimating to a November race --- Ha haaa!!

0 comments: