Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cleared!!

Went to the Dr. yesterday and he cleared me to run! Gotta love Sports Medicine professionals as they are used to wackoes who are passionate about their sport. Go ahead and run through the pain - here are some drugs that will make it just fine!

As long as I can run still I am good. But really, it was just a case of nasty shin splints that will recoup well after some heavy corticosteroids and anti-inflammatories.

So today I am going to do a very SLOW 4.5 miles as to not wipe myself out. Then back home to ice the fool mess out of my leg.

I can still run my races!!!!!! No, I am not the least bit excited and relieved! ;)

1 comments:

Becky said...

Ice is my friend. After that 12 miler last week, I did the ice bath thing (cold water in the tub -- 10# of ice added) for 10 min. I wasn't sore at all the next day. If I was 23 and not 33 I'd probably be able to go without it, but for now I love ice. :)

Glad you're feeling better!