Friday, November 28, 2008

Sunday!!


Well, the day of the race is fast approaching. My mind is calm but I am sure tomorrow I will be a nervous wreck! I can take peace in the fact that I have trained well and hard.
We will be headed down tomorrow - the kids are so excited to stay at the beach. We will hit the bed early and will anticipate a 4am wake up call. *yawn*! The start is at 6:00am so the sun will just be coming up as we run.
The course is flat and right along side the Indian River which will make a beautiful backdrop as we run. It is shaded as well so it won't get too hot. I think the weather is still supposed to be partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm - mid 50's and then a high to mid 70's. I pray I can make it off the course by the time it hits 60!
My goal time is 2:30 - do I dare put that in print?? I ran two miles yesterday and my shins are not so hot today so who knows what 2 days of rest will bring. I think the shin issue is the only thing that will hold me back. After a huge Thanksgiving feast and all the leftovers, there is no way that lack of fuel will be a problem!
So today I can rest up, drink lots of water and make a mental checklist of all that needs to be done. Wait, I better write it all down! LOL!

1 comments:

Becky said...

You're going to do great! Can't wait to read your race report.