Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Total Package...

For me, getting out there and having my feet hit the pavement leads the way for overall better health. I feel better physically so I tend to make better food choices. At least that is what has been my past history. Fast forward to now and I can tell that my theory remains true. Once I get out there and move my body, the other choices follow suit.

Enter the Paleo diet... Gasp! What you say? No carbs? No dairy?? Anyone who knows me knows that this girl loves some pasta and grains and I am positive that all that pasta has made its home around my middle... So out it goes. Now, I am not going to follow it to quite an extreme but I am going to cut down considerably. I have already seen a drop in the scale and an increase in my veggie consumption so it is a win in my book!

Over the weekend I was able to run 5 miles and I was amazed at how strong my body still was. Hey, there are muscles under there! Must be some truth to the muscle memory theory. Yay! No, I am not as fast but I can tell that if I keep it up, it won't be long.

Now get out there!

0 comments: