Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ok, so I am tweaking my goals a bit...

Work calls and I won't be able to do the Princess Half Marathon on March 8th. But I am not sweatin' it because it was just darn expensive! My goals have switched and now I am doing the Gasparilla 15K the week before in Tampa. It should be a fun run and I feel as if I can be strong running it after completing my training.

Last week I decided the day before the Season's 52 5.2K race that I should participate so off I went, bright and early Saturday morning. Actually, it wasn't bright but it was rather early.There were a lot of folks there and the neighborhood was beautiful to run through. I really didn't have any goals for this race, I just wanted to have fun and run but a minute into it, I made two goals. One, not to trip as the roads were all brick pavers. Nice and quaint if you live there but a pain to run on! LOL! My second goal was to run straight through. Y'all know that I run intervals. Usually run for 3 and walk for 1 but I felt great and strong so I just kept on running! I did walk and take some water, and one time to tie my shoe but for me, that is progress.

My time for 5.2K was 33:24 which as one of my friends pointed out is actually a PR since I have never run that distance before... snicker snicker! My actual 5K time was 32:27 which isn't the fastest that I have run a 5K but given the amount of people in this race, and how congested it was, I am happy.

0 comments: