Saturday, December 6, 2008

Post Race Blues...

I haven't run for a week. Up until yesterday I didn't have a plan for future races or a goal of what I wanted to accomplish as a runner. I was wandering around the wilderness and I was lost. I had completed my race, basked in the goal of running 13.1 miles and then realized "now what?"

So yesterday I sat down with a calendar and a list of races and planned. My first question was, did I want to focus on getting faster? Or distance. Well, I know that I want to run a marathon at some point in 2009 so I opted for distance. So here is my plan for this year:

March 8th - Disney Princess Half Marathon - start Hal Higdon Intermediate training Dec. 15th.

Jan. 10, 2010- tentative date - Disney Marathon - Starting training Sept. 7th 2009

I am sure I will throw in a few 5K's and 10K's to make life fun and before the marathon training I will have a mileage buildup plan to keep me busy. I have learned so much about myself through running. I *need* a plan!!!

So I have thrown my blues aside and have now returned to my giddy little running self. Whoo hoo!

0 comments: